Family Success Centers (FSC) are community based, family-centered neighborhood gathering places where any community resident can go for support, information and services. FSCs are “one-stop” shops that provide wrap-around resources and supports for families before they find themselves in crisis. Family Success Centers offer primary child abuse prevention services to families and bring together concerned community residents, leaders, and community agencies to address the problems that threaten the safety and stability of families and the community.
There is no cost to access services provided by Family Success Centers (FSCs). We are designed to meet the needs of all families and children, keeping in mind the diversity of family structures, including birth families; foster, kinship, and adoptive families; extended families; families with adults who are single, unmarried couples, married, divorced, remarried, in a civil union, or domestic partnership.
Our services help enrich the lives of children by empowering parents and neighborhoods with tools to strengthen their families and communities.
- Programs are tailored around the FSC Core Services Parent & Child Activities, Advocacy, Access to Health, Parent Education, Life Skills, Housing related services, and Information & Referral. Always following the principles of the 5 Protective Factors:
- Parental Resilience: A parent’s ability to manage all types of challenges & find ways to solve problems, build and sustain trusting relationships including relationships with their children.
- Social Connections: Friends, family & community provide emotional support, help solve problems, offer parenting advice, and give concrete assistance to parents.
- Knowledge of Parenting & Child Development: Information about child development and appropriate expectations for children’s behavior help parents see children in a positive light and promotes healthy development.
- Concrete Support in Times of Need: Meeting basic needs like food, shelter, clothing, and healthcare is essential. Adequate services & supports must be in place to provide stability, treatment and help for families in crisis.
- Healthy Social & Emotional Competence of Children: A child’s ability to interact positively with others, self-regulate behavior and effectively communicate feelings has a positive impact on their relationships with family, other adults, and peers.
We believe that the community and its families share responsibility for designing, operating and overseeing the center through the Advisory Group. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to join the Parent Advisory Board to offer guidance and leadership.
- Early childhood development classes
- Parent education
- Prenatal education and support groups
- Women support/educational group
- Financial education
- Free pregnancy testing
- Assistance with concrete goods (when available)
- Information and referral services
- Assistance with Health Insurance application
- Housing referrals
- Assistance with community services
- Assistance with education services
- Parent education classes
- Parent child activities
- Resume writing
- Financial education
- Free Pregnancy testing
- Nutrition information
And much much more. Please give us call to learn more about our services
The Children’s Home Society of NJ
635 South Clinton Avenue, Trenton, NJ 08611
Family Partner Specialist
Family Services Supervisor